Vision + Mission
A premier engineering program in a comprehensive land-grant university
The College of Engineering at the University of Georgia will become a recognized Thought Leader for 21st century engineering programs that integrate research, service, and teaching missions through a consistent focus on solutions that make a positive difference in people’s lives.
The College of Engineering at the University of Georgia is a community of visionary researchers, educators and learners embedded in a land-grant liberal arts university. Our overriding priorities are to:
- Create a vibrant environment for learning, discovery, and innovation that relies on teamwork, leadership, and effective communication.
- Reshape the impact of engineers for the 21st century by inspiring students to reach their full potential,
- Create breakthroughs by excellence in education and research, and
- Pursue bold, collaborative research to identify and solve the challenges of our time.
These efforts are motivated by our resolve to help make a purposeful and rounded contribution to help bring about a more capable, responsible and resilient global society.
Communities of Learning, Discovery and Innovation
Our college values the creation of communities of learning, discovery and innovation.
These communities are based on the following core values and foundational elements:
- Knowledge and Expertise
- Accessibility, Diversity and Inclusion
- Agility, Adaptability and Resiliency
- Integrity, Transparency, Ethics
- Systems and Processes
The mission, vision, core values and foundational elements for the college were adopted by the dean's office based on the input of the strategic planing working group, spring 2017.