High-Demand Majors Application Process
► Students who are eligible to apply for high-demand majors will be contacted by the Academic Office through an e-mail, and will provide a link to complete the application by specified deadline.
► The applicant’s GPA will be calculated from both ATHENA & DegreeWorks.
► The personal statement must be written at the UGA Testing Center's website.
► Applicants will be notified via email regarding acceptance or denial.
► Once accepted to the major students will need to request a formal major change through ATHENA.
► Applicants denied admission to the major of their choice may re-apply one additional time for admission in a later semester. There is no appeals process.
Important Dates 2017
- Information Session: June 12, 5:30 p.m., Coverdell Auditorium (Room 175)
- Personal Statement Dates: June 15 - July 15, UGA Testing Center
- Application Submission: July 20
- Final Decision to Student: Beginning August 10
- Information Session: August 28, 5:30 p.m., Science Learning Center, Room 0085
- Personal Statement Dates: Sept. 1 - Oct. 6, UGA Testing Center (**The UGA Testing Center will be closed Sept. 8 - 15)
- Application Submission: Oct. 26
- Final Decision to Student: Beginning December 26
- Information Session: Jan. 29, 5:30 p.m., Coverdell Auditorium (Room 175)
- Personal Statement Dates: Feb. 1 - Feb. 28, UGA Testing Center
- Application Submission: March 26
- Final Decision to Student: Beginning May 16
What if I miss the application deadline?
No late applications are accepted. Students who miss the deadline will need to apply at the next opportunity.
What happens during the application process?
We will review your grades and your personal statement of purpose. Grades for your most recent semester are generally available the week after final exams. Following this review, a decision on your application will be communicated to you via e-mail from the College of Engineering Academic Office.
If I am not admitted, what should I do?
Students may retake required courses to improve their GPA and may re-apply for admission one additional time in a later semester. When re-applying, you may also submit a new personal statement of purpose. In addition, you may consult your academic advisor for next steps or contact an advisor at the UGA Exploratory Center for other options.