Capstone Information for Students
Senior Design Timeline
2020 Capstone Senior Design Deadlines
Budget proposal for project funding due January 17, 2020
- Additional funding instructions, forms, and details can be found here.
- Contact Dr. Roger Hilten for any funding- related questions and concerns.
Project Descriptions AND Team Photo are due on March 27, 2020 at 3pm
- Submit via email to Michael Wooten at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Senior Design Project Description and Photo”+ project title, email@example.com must be copied on this submission. Please submit both items together in 1 email.
- Project Description: Should include final project title, sponsor team member names, & faculty mentor names. Project Description should be 1 paragraph (approximately 150 words, 200 words maximum). Basic project info (title, team members, etc) is not included in the word count.
- **Please make sure to check for spelling, grammar mistakes. This information will be used in the printing of the showcase program.**
- Team Photo: Picture should feature all team members from the waist up. Team should be in professional dress (business casual or higher). Should be landscape format, jpg or png file type.
Poster/Slide: Due April 16, 2020 at 12pm
- Submit online via qualtrics
- Abstracts and slides must be formatted to reflect approved templates:
Capstone Senior Design Showcase Event: April 23rd, 2020 at The Classic Center
Capstone Senior Design students will be assigned to a project and project team early during the fall semester. Project assignments are based on:
- Project needs and preferences of project sponsors
- Faculty recommendations and assessment of student skills
- Student interests and project rankings
Although the College of Engineering strives to match students to projects they are most interested in, there is no guarantee that a student can be assigned to a particular project or project group.
Current Capstone Senior Design students must rank their project preferences by completing the online 2018-2019 Senior Design Project survey. Surveys must be submitted by Wednesday, August 22 by 11:59 p.m.