This laboratory, located in room 329 Driftmier Engineering Center, is approximately 5,000 square feet and is designed to analyze motion of bodies and evaluate tissue mechanics.
Contact: Dr. Timothy Foutz
The major equipment in this laboratory includes:
- Measurement Group 2300 Dynamic Strain Gauge System
- Photometric Image Analysis System
- FFT Signal Analyzer with Impedance Transducer, Impedance Hammer, Force Transducers
- VICON Motion Analysis System
- ATM Ground Reaction Force Plates
- Video Digital Analyzer Systems
This laboratory is well equipped with a variety of devices for invitro testing tendons, bone and grains and the equipment can be adapted for testing of a variety of biological tissues. Some of the instrumentation provides for destructive and nondestructive test. The lab is capable of gait analysis with up to nine cameras. This system is separate from the ATM Ground Reaction Force Plates.