BS Environmental Engineering
Explore new ways to protect and clean up the world’s natural resources. Address challenges in energy, water resources, solid waste, air quality, climate change, urban sprawl, and globalization to promote a sustainable and resilient society.
What you’ll study
- Energy Analysis
- Natural Resources Engineering
- Urban Systems
- Engineering Economics & Management
- Environmental Life Cycle Analysis
- Renewable Energy Engineering
- Energy & Environmental Policy Analysis
- Process engineer
- Air quality engineer
- Environmental health research scientist
- Engineering consultant
- Water/wastewater engineer
Challenges in energy, water resources, solid waste, air quality, globalization, climate change, urban sprawl, food production and environmental degradation must be addressed in a comprehensive effort to promote a sustainable and resilient society. Graduates of our Environmental Engineering program will be uniquely prepared for careers devoted to finding solutions to these and other problems. We place a strong emphasis on community-oriented service learning projects to provide our students experience integrating engineering with political and societal constraints. Students earning this degree are ready for careers in a wide range of design and policy areas.
The University of Georgia Environmental Engineering undergraduate program provides engineering education with a liberal arts background, producing graduates with the ability to integrate knowledge from several disciplines including analysis and design of relevant systems for solving complex problems. The graduates of this program will have a deep knowledge of engineering, mathematical and environmental sciences, and the ability to design systems that integrate the environment with technology. Graduates will possess the talents needed to accomplish responsible growth while addressing requirements for maintaining and enhancing diverse ecological systems.
Program Educational Objectives
Program Educational Objectives are broad statements that describe what our graduates are expected to attain within a few years after graduation and as they move through their careers as engineers and as contributing members of society:
- Achieve a high level of expertise in creating design solutions for environmental problems that require integration of environmental and human health constraints compatible with economic growth, sustainable development and ethical standards.
- Establish themselves in positions of leadership in their profession and their community.
- Continue their education through professional licensure, certification, or pursuit of a graduate degree.