Double Dawgs: School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
The Double Dawgs Program enables students to pursue dual BS-MS degrees with the opportunity to complete both programs in five years.
The School of Electrical and Computer Engineering offers the following Double Dawgs options:
- Computer Systems Engineering BS - MS Engineering with ECE Emphasis
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering BS - MS Engineering with ECE Emphasis
To be considered for the Pathway the student must complete a College of Engineering Pathway Application and meet the following requirements:
- Have a minimum UGA GPA of 3.0.
- Have completed (or be currently enrolled in) all pre-requisites necessary to enroll in Capstone Design I (CSEE 4910 or ELEE 4910) during Fall semester of their Senior year. The immediate prerequisite for these courses is ECSE 2920
- Submit an essay indicating their research interests and career goals within an ECE degree program.
- Provide a letter of support from a faculty member within the School of ECE indicating that the faculty member will serve as the student’s mentor during the next Academic Year (Senior Year in Engineering). In this role, the faculty member will commit his/her time to helping the student start their graduate program and give advice on potential coursework, research advisors, and research projects. By agreeing to serve as the student’s mentor, the faculty member does not guarantee funding for the student or continued advisement during their fifth year in the program.
- Demonstration of research experience is desirable.
During Senior Year:
- Students will be required to participate in the CURO research program (one 3 credit course per semester) working in their research mentor’s lab.
- Students will apply for admission to the MS program.
At the end of Senior Year:
- If this graduate program does not meet their needs, students may choose not to continue in their fifth year of study.
Pathway application process:
- Complete online application
- Email the following items as a single PDF document using “Pathway Application (Your Last Name)” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Essay (research interest and career goals in ECE)
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Letter of Support from their faculty research mentor
Admission to Graduate Program
The student must apply and be admitted to the UGA Graduate School to complete the MS portion of the program. See the College of Engineering's graduate admissions webpage for application deadlines.