Connect with your academic advisor to get the most out of your experience in the UGA College of Engineering.
Schedule an advising appointment
An advising appointment is required each semester.
The University employees SAGE (Student Advising and Guidance Expert) as the online portal for students to communicate with their advisors.
- To schedule an appointment with your advisor, go to sage.uga.edu and log in with your MyID and password.
- Once logged in, click the “My Success Network” option in the left menu, find your primary advisor, and click “Schedule an Appointment.”
- Advisement is required for each student for every academic term.
- Scheduling your advisement appointment early is strongly encouraged.
Prepare for your advising appointment
Before your advising appointment make sure to review your academic progress. Each student is responsible for their coursework and understanding the degree requirements and policies related to his/her own academic progress. Students should also complete the following tasks before their scheduled appointment:
- Prepare a tentative schedule for the next semester and pay attention to any pre-requisite or co-requisite requirements
- Many courses are only offered during specific semesters or have required pre-requisites
- Browse the schedule of classes in Athena
Registration appointment times are assigned by the Office of the Registrar. A student will not be cleared for registration until an advisement appointment is completed.
Our College of Engineering Academic Advisors provide assistance to students with questions related to academic advisement, curriculum, graduation requirements, academic achievement and career planning. It is important to remember that each student is expected to be an active participant in the educational process. Ultimately, the selection of appropriate courses to meet degree requirements is the student’s responsibility. In addition, each student is expected to keep appraised of issues related to engineering academics. Your academic advisor is an excellent resource to help you meet this expectation.
The Division of Academic Enhancement offers free academic support to University of Georgia students. These services include:
- Introductory courses in English, math, reading, and study strategies
- A comprehensive Academic Resource Center
- Instruction in skills and strategies that promote academic success
- Academic success workshops
- Academic Coaching
College of Engineering Undergraduate Academic Appeals
Please review the policies and procedures for academic appeals here.