Alysha Helmrich, Ph.D.
Research focuses on urban resilience
Ph.D., Civil, Environmental, and Sustainable Engineering, Arizona State University, 2021
M.S., Environmental and Ecological Engineering, Purdue University, 2018
B.S., Environmental and Ecological Engineering, Purdue University, 2017
- Postdoctoral Research Scholar, Arizona State University, 2021 - 2022
- Senior Fellow, UREx Sustainability Network, 2020 - 2022
- Graduate Teaching Associate, Arizona State University, 2019 - 2021
Dr. Helmrich's research is focused on urban resilience and navigating periods of stability and instability. She has expertise in infrastructure systems, systems-thinking (specifically, complexity and social-ecological-technological systems (SETS) perspectives), and decision-making under uncertainty. She is the lead coordinator and a co-host of the Future Cities Podcast, a podcast that aims to increase awareness of, and to catalyze action on, urban resilience.
Honors and Awards
- Science Communication in Practice Award, Ecological Society of America, 2021
- Professional Development Student Support Scholarship, Graduate and Professional Student Association, 2021
- Engineering Graduate Fellowship, Arizona State University, 2020