Barbara McCord, Ph.D., P.E.
Worked as researcher for U.S. Army
Dr. McCord joined the University of Georgia College of Engineering from Georgia Tech, where she served as an instructor in the Mechanical Engineering and Bioengineering Departments. She also has worked as a research engineer for Georgia Tech, Johnson Research and Development in Smyrna, Georgia, Remtech in Huntsville, Alabama, the U.S. Army Missile Command at Redstone Arsenal in Alabama, and Black and Veatch in Overland Park, Kansas.
PhD., Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
MS., Mechanical Engineering, Mississippi State University
BS., Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley
- Senior Lecturer, University of Georgia College of Engineeering, 2022 – present
- Lecturer, University of Georgia College of Engineering, 2016 – 2022
- Instructor, Georgia Tech, 2000 – 2007
- Instructor and research engineer, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1996 – 2006
Other Professional Experience
- Research Engineer, Johnson Research and Development, 1993 – 1995
- Senior Thermal Analyst, Remtech, Inc., 1986 – 1988
- Aerospace Engineer, Army Missile Command, 1983 – 1986
- Mechanical Engineer, Black and Veatch, 1979 – 1981